“Take Your Mom Giveaway” Contest
NO INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: “Take Your Mom Giveaway” (the “Contest”) is open to any to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older or of the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, and located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, and contractors of Deseret Book Company (“Sponsor”) and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on Monday, April 29, 2019 and ends at 9:00 a.m. MST on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). For purposes of this Promotion, a day is defined as a 24-hour period beginning at 12:00 am MST and ending at 11:59 pm MST.
3. How to Enter: (All persons who enter this Contest (“Entrants”) acknowledge their personally identifiable information may be added to Sponsor’s mailing list(s).)
a. Online Entry via Instagram or Facebook. To enter daily giveaway, during the Promotion Period go to https://www.instagram.com/tofw_timeoutforwomen (“Website”) or https://www.facebook.com/TimeOutForWomen (“Website”) and 1) like the TOFW contest post, 2) like the TOFW Instagram or Facebook page and 3) comment on the daily post by responding to the prompt. Each Entrant must be willing to agree to the terms contained herein. Follow the on-screen directions to enter (“Online Entry”). Entrants must complete all required information. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON.
b. By Mail: Submit your name, address, phone number, and email to: “Take Your Mom Giveaway” c/o, Deseret Book Company, PO Box 30178, Salt Lake City, UT 84130.
4. Prize Winner: Within 2 days of the closing of the contest, Sponsor will announce the Winner as selected at random from all qualified Entrants that adhere to the Contest terms and conditions. For purposes of this Contest, “Winner” will be defined as one Entrant. A total of one (1) Winner will be selected. Prize is non-transferable.
5. Grand Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds: Winner will be notified after the Contest Period ends and the Winner has been certified. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected to receive for her and a guest:
Two (2) tickets to the 2019 Fall TOFW Event (a $178 value) of your choice;
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason to the Winner, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize is the sole responsibility of the Winner (total prize value is ($178.) Sponsor will not reimburse Winner for any expenses associated with Winner’s acceptance of the prize not listed herein. Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of entries received. At the Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
6. General Rules: Summary of rules and guidelines:
All federal, state and local laws apply. Winner will be notified by email, mail or telephone. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to notices or return any documents in a timely manner, as determined by the Sponsor, may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. By participating, Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all liability or damages associated with this Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize received in this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the Contest. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use Winners name and likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Contest. If, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or modify and/or suspend and/or terminate the Contest and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prizes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the name appearing on the online entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest or Website or acts in a disruptive manner. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Utah. By entering, Entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Utah located in Salt Lake County for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest.
7. Waiver: By participating in this Contest, Entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney’s fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate. Prize Winner waives all rights and indemnifies Sponsor against any lost or liability claim, cause of action or liability, including without limitation those relating to any personal injury, death, loss, expense or damages of any kind, under any theory of law or in equity, arising from, acceptance or use of any prizes awarded in the Contest and/or resulting from the prize. Additionally you agree to the following: I ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS AND ADMINISTRATORS, HEREBY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ASSIGNS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, AND ADVISORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES AND LIABILITIES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, AT LAW OR IN EQUITY WHICH I MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER BE ENTITLED TO ASSERT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER HARM OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, PRIVACY RIGHTS, PERSONALITY RIGHTS, “MORAL RIGHTS”, OR DEFAMATION, AND ANY AND ALL ANY TAXES LEVIED, ASSESSED OR COLLECTED, WHETHER CAUSED BY, CONTRIBUTED TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THE CONTEST, THE PRIZE, OR MY POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE THEREOF, OR MY OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
8. Publicity. Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes each Entrant’s consent for Sponsor to use the Entrant’s name, age, photograph, image, likeness, statements for Contest, and/or photographs shared/posted by Entrant for other promotional, advertisement or commercial purposes in any media now known or later developed, without payment or consideration to the Entrants or any other person.
10. Miscellaneous. Each entry is subject to verification by Sponsor. Participation in the Contest constitutes agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules. Entrants hereby waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to apply and interpret these Official Rules and conduct and administer the Contest. Any decision by Sponsor regarding the Contest, including eligibility of Winners and determination of the winners, shall be final and binding.
11. Right To Cancel Or Modify Sweepstakes. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason or cause which Sponsor deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, including but not limited to fraud, technical failure, or insufficient participation, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or these Official Rules, including changing the Contest Period, or selecting a winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor may deem appropriate.
12. Disclosure of Winner. For notification of the Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt within 30 days of the end of the Contest to: “Take Your Mom Giveaway” c/o, Deseret Book Company, PO Box 30178, Salt Lake City, UT 84130
13. Sponsor: Deseret Book Company, DBA Time Out for Women, PO Box 30178, Salt Lake City, UT 84130.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand and acknowledge that you are providing your information to Time Out for Women, not to Instagram or Facebook.